How to experience lucid dreaming
In order to experience lucid dreaming, one can train oneself to recognize some signs that indicate one is sleeping. While being awake, you can train your subconscious mind to recognize the difference between dream state and awake state through repetitive observation.
Some dream indicator (to name a few):
- Changing text. When looking at text while dreaming, the text will change if you look again.
- The ability to grow teeth back after losing them.
How to remain in dreaming state while dreaming lucidly
When you realize you are currently in a dream, it may be tempting to try to do some alteration to the dream. Too much input may disrupt the dream and eject you. One must learn to find a good balance of input vs passiveness. Trying to explore the dream too quickly may create a buffering problem since the subconscious mind may not be able to generate the dream fast enough.
Fun things to do while having a lucid dream
- Instead of running, try to teleport things and people.
- Instead of controlling you, control others.
- Try to let things go as they are. Consciously let your subconscious mind keep control of the dream.
- Tell people they are characters of you dream.
Fun things to do while experiencing sleep paralysis
Sleep paralysis may be a very unpleasant experience, however, it is possible to learn to appreciate it.
Create a dream from sleep paralysis
It is possible to consciously create a dream from dreamless state of sleep paralysis. Just concentrate and create your dream's landscape.
Out of body experience
While in state sleep paralysis, instead of waking up, you can try to leave your body. Doing so may trigger the production of a very realistic dream.